[FLASH-USERS] using gr_lrefineMaxRedRadiusFact

Sean Couch smc at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 14 14:37:25 EDT 2015

Hi Salvatore,

What you are attempting to do can be achieved by adding a few custom calls to Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90.  First, add a copy of Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90 to your Simulation setup directory that you will customize.  Then add to it:

  call gr_enforceMaxRefine(lrefine_max-3) ! Enforce a max level everywhere that is 3 levels lower than lrefine_max

  spec(1:3) = 0.0
  spec(4) = RADIUS_OF_REFINED_REGION
  call Grid_markRefineSpecialized(INRADIUS,4,spec,lrefine_max) ! Force refinement to lrefine_max within a sphere at center

The gre_lrefineMaxRedDoByLogR will force decrements as a function of radius which is not, if I understand, exactly what you want.

Hope this helps,
Sean

Sean M. Couch
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Department of Comp. Math, Science, and Engineering
FRIB/National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory
Michigan State University
567 Wilson Rd, 3250 BPS
East Lansing, MI  48824
(517) 884-5035