[FLASH-USERS] confusion regarding abar and zbar

Jonathan Slavin jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 16 11:47:05 EDT 2015

Ah, okay that wasn't clear to me.  That will work for this case without
cooling, but what this is essentially doing is decreasing the mean mass per
particle as a kludge for including electron pressure.  When cooling is
included then, the number density, n = rho/m, will be too high.  I'm
referring to optically thin radiative cooling, e.g. using the Sutherland &
Dopita cooling curve.  In that case what you need is n(H)*n(e).  I suppose
I could kludge that as well...

Jon