[FLASH-USERS] Reading an AMR checkpoint file back into part of a larger grid

Andrew Szymkowiak andrew.szymkowiak at yale.edu
Tue Apr 12 17:53:07 EDT 2016

I would like to run an AMR simulation on a paramesh grid for a while.
But later, I would like to start a simulation in a larger grid, and
paste the chkpnt file from the first run into the initial conditions of
a portion of the larger sim.  I am thinking that others might have
wanted to do this, too, and have already solved the difficulties.  While
this should not be super difficult to implement, there seem to be enough
potential accounting difficulties, that I'm hoping someone else has
previously mastered.

Does anyone on the list have an example Simulation_initBlock.F90 that I
may have? (Or pointers to any relevant documentation - I did try to
search the docs (both FLASH and Paramesh), and the flash-users archive
first, but could easily have missed something).

Thanks,
     Andy S.