[FLASH-USERS] Specialized Refinement Routine: Grid_markRefineSpecialized

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 10 18:59:46 EDT 2016

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, Djibrilla Boureima, Ismael wrote:

> Dear FLASH users,
>
> I am running a 3D Spherical Simulation in which I am trying to enforce the
> AMR refinement level to a specific value near the center/origin of the grid
> (Xmin,Ymin,Zmin). It looks like *Grid_markRefineSpecialized* can help set a
> refinement level of all blocks within a given radius when called with the
> criterion 'INRADIUS' . According the FLASH_4.3 user manual section
> '8.6.3.3' *Grid_markRefineSpecialized* has to be called from
> *Grid_markRefineDerefine*.
> I have tried to make the call from multiple locations in
> Grid_markRefineDerefine without success. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

You can find a couple of examples how this is done in the following
setups:

[klaus at code SimulationMain]$ pwd
/home/klaus/repos/FLASH3/branches/FLASH4.3/source/Simulation/SimulationMain
[klaus at code SimulationMain]$ grep Grid_markRefineSpecialized $(find * -name Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90)
CCSN/Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90:     call Grid_markRefineSpecialized(INRADIUS,4,spec,lrefine_max)
unitTest/PFFT_PoissonFD/Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90:  use Grid_interface, ONLY : Grid_markRefineSpecialized, Grid_fillGuardCells
unitTest/PFFT_PoissonFD/Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90:  call Grid_markRefineSpecialized (RECTANGLE,specsSize,specs,lref)
[klaus at code SimulationMain]$