[FLASH-USERS] Compiling FLASH4.3

Ritam Mallick mallick at iiserb.ac.in
Thu Jul 21 08:56:50 EDT 2016

Dear friends,

I am not able to plot the sedov hdf5 plt cnt 000 files using idl.
I have downloaded idl and using this csh script

ritam at ritam:~/FLASH4.3/object$ csh
% setenv XFLASH3 DIR "<FLASH4.3 >/tools/fidlr3.0"
setenv: Too many arguments.
% setenv XFLASH3_DIR "<FLASH4.3>/tools/fidlr3.0"
% setenv IDL_PATH "${XFLASH3_DIR}:$IDL_PATH"
IDL_PATH: Undefined variable.
% setenv IDL_PATH "${XFLASH3_DIR}":${IDL_DIR}:${/usr/local/idl/idl85}/lib
Illegal variable name.
% setenv IDL_PATH "${XFLASH3_DIR}":${IDL_DIR}:${IDL_DIR}/lib
IDL_DIR: Undefined variable.
% setenv IDL_PATH
"${XFLASH3_DIR}":${/usr/local/idl/idl85}:${/usr/local/idl/idl85}/lib
Illegal variable name.
% setenv IDL_PATH "${XFLASH3_DIR}":${/usr/local/idl}:${/usr/local/idl}/lib
Illegal variable name.

my idl files are in /usr/local/idl/ this directory.
Can anyone help in pointing my mistake.

Best Regards,

Ritam Mallick