[FLASH-USERS] A question about the Hydro/WindTunnel solver

Ludmila María Rechiman ludmilarechiman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 21:09:19 EDT 2016

Dear community of FLASH users and developers,
am new trying to use Hydro libraries of
FLASH code (/FLASH4.3/source/physics/Hydro/HydroMain/).
In particular I was able to simulate the WindTunnel example. The default
size of is -nxb=8 -nyb=8 and the solutions does not seems to capture the
shokwaves in a sharp manner. Then I decided to run another simulation using
-nxb=64 -nyb=64 in order to get a well defined shockwave, but the solution
is still blurred (I attach a quick view). The AMR mesh seems to have very
tiny cells to get a good resolution, but by increasing the parameters -nxb
-nyb up to 64  I can not get better results.
Can anybody give me  clue about how to get a well defined shockwave (rho ,
p, T, fields) ?

Thank you in advance for your time

--
ludmila