[FLASH-USERS] Problem in example Z-Pinch, Nohcylindrical

Marissa Adams madams at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Apr 10 19:46:20 EDT 2017

Hi Siyi,

No problem. I'll try to help the best I can because I am still learning
this code too. I think you may have two problems, I'll address both:

1. *The dependency error:* Your original error is looking for *HYPREf.h *as
an include in that particular .F90 file. However it cannot find it. Can you
type the command module list and see if you have HYPRE loaded? Do you need
the *HYPREPATH* in your particular *Makefile.h* for the machine you're on?

e.g On the cluster I use, I have *HYPRE_PATH = /software/hypre/2.9.0b/b1 *in
my Makefile.h (see under *sites/ *in the top directory for FLASH). Do you
have the same version loaded when you type module list in the command line?

2. *Setting up:* I think your setup-script looks alright besides a few
things, I would definitely add the blocks you want in each direction, and
then I think you'll want to add that you're doing this in cylindrical, and
that you want to use magnetic fields (hence z-pinch!). I think I've tried
to run this before as a test and I don't remember if I had it like this or
not:

e.g.

> ./setup -auto magnetoHD/NohCylindrical -3d +cylindrical -nxb=16 -nyb=16
> -nzb=16 +usm

Of course you could add more to your set up script. Look at the user guide
to see what more you may need (
http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/). You can choose to
use the unsplit staggered mesh (+usm), or 8-wave (+8wave) approach for
magnetic fields. See the documentation for more info (Section 14.3). I
think +usm would be suggested. The nx*=16 are the number of blocks you want
for each dimension. I think you'd want to include these things in your set
up at least.

Best,
Marissa

--
Marissa Adams                                 E-mail:
madams at pas.rochester.edu
PhD Student                                   Ph: (585) 402-5779
University of Rochester                       Website:
http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~madams/
Department of Physics & Astronomy
108 Bausch & Lomb Hall
P.O. Box 270171