[FLASH-USERS] combining MHD and thermal conduction

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 14 17:50:28 EDT 2017

​Hi Ernesto,

I maybe should have mentioned that my runs have been in 2D (cylindrical).
So have you done such runs?  Also for the conduction, I'm using unsplit
diffusion with electron thermal conduction and power law conductivity.  You
mention being careful with split vs. unsplit diffusion, but you don't say
which one works - or what that means to be careful.​

​ Or is it just that parameter setting addThermalFlux? I'll try setting
that to False to see if that helps.

To answer your question, I'm not using super-time-stepping.  Didn't seem
necessary since with Crank Nicholson diffusion you have unconditional
stability.  So I haven't looked into how to use that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jon ​

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA