[FLASH-USERS] FLASH4.3 compiling error

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 20:24:49 EDT 2017

Hi Mehrnoosh,

Did you create a site-specific Makefile for your cluster (in the "sites"
directory) before calling setup? In that Makefile, do you point to the
desired HDF5 and MPI library paths?

It's very important to use the same version of fortran compilers and MPI to
build FLASH as was used to build HDF5. E.g. if you point to HDF5 libraries
that were built with Intel compiler 12 and OpenMPI 2.3, you need to build
FLASH with the same versions of these compilers. If you point to HDF5
libraries built with GNU compilers 6.1 and mvapich, same story. If you
haven't verified that part, start there!

Good luck!

Best,

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics