[FLASH-USERS] Flash LaserSlab ionmix

Carlo Graziani carlo at oddjob.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 21 15:52:02 EDT 2017

Klaus is, of course, correct.  However, note that the ionization of Hydrogen
is a straightforward analytic solution of the Saha equations, requiring no
laborious computation.  If you Google "Saha equation Hydrogen" you'll get
260,000+ hits, many of the top of which are informative.  Many thermal physics
and stellar astrophysics texts also supply the solution.

Which is all by way of saying, if you don't want to mess around with the
internals of FLASH's EOS (and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't), it
should not be too much trouble to make your own IONMIX-style table for
Hydrogen, using the analytic solution.

Carlo

--
Carlo Graziani                                 (773) 702-7973 (Voice)
University of Chicago Astronomy                (773) 702-6645 (FAX)