[FLASH-USERS] Question

Dean Townsley Dean.M.Townsley at ua.edu
Fri Jun 23 12:08:54 EDT 2017

Malia,

Could you maybe provide the log file from your simulation?  And
generally more other information.

I have a super hard time understanding how your second snapshot could
only be one step after your first.  In one timestep, flow can only
propagate from one cell to its immediate neighbors.  But your second
snapshot shows what appear to be coherent large-scale flow structures
compared to your first.  It seems impossible for this to happen in one
timestep.

Depending on what you have done for gravity and temperature, your second
snapshot seems to me like a fairly reasonable progression from your
first, but I would have said it would take no less than 100 timesteps to
develop this type of flow.  The central density peak expands explosively
and interacts with the other material further out along the equatorial
plane.  More information about what you are trying to do would help in
interpreting this.

Dean