[FLASH-USERS] Helmhotlz EOS question

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu May 4 16:02:57 EDT 2017

On Thu, 4 May 2017, Jenks, Malia T. wrote:

> I am not using nuclear burning for the simulation. I do call physics/sourceTerms/Burn/BurnMain/nuclearBurn and Simulation/SimulationComposition in my Config file to get the species information from the burn unit but I have useBurn set to false. I use the same mass fractions for all points on my initial grid, so all the abar and zbar values should be the same. I am not sure that the error isn't appearing in the t=0 data. I know it is after successfully reading in my data file and then I get the following outputs before the error message:
>
>   iteration, no. not moved =            0           9
>   iteration, no. not moved =            1           2
>   iteration, no. not moved =            2           0
>  refined: total leaf blocks =           64
>  refined: total blocks =           80
>  [amr_morton_process]: Initializing surr_blks using standard orrery implementation

It looks like the failure occurs in the very first Eos call, during
initial construction of the grid, way before the first checkpoint file can
be written.

Most likely, not all variables get initialized properly in
Simulation_initBlock.

Here "properly" means such that a call of Eos_wrapped (with a mode
determined by runtime parameter eosModeInit) can succeed.