[FLASH-USERS] User Defined Boundary Condition

Dongwook Lee dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon May 22 16:33:37 EDT 2017

Dear Siyi,

There is a time-dependent example of imposing a user defined boundary
condition at y=ymax in

source/Simulation/SimulationMain/DoubleMachReflection/Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized.F90

The reference paper for the setup you want to look at is:

Woodward and Colella, JCP, 54, 115-173 (1984).

Cheers,
Dongwook

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Siyi Yu <siyiyu at lbl.gov> wrote:

> Dear FLASH users and developers,
> I am trying to impose a user defined boundary condition time dependent
> applied on a cylinder lateral surface. More concretely, I am trying to
> impose an azimuth Magnetic field on the lateral side of a capillary. I have
> consulted the User Guide chapter 8, but it is not so well described. And I
> have tried to find some indications on the WindTunnel example, but it is so
> complicated that I do not know how to adapt it into my case. Is there
> anyone who can help me please?
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Siyi YU

Dongwook Lee, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Applied Mathematics and Statistics
University of California, Santa Cruz
Baskin Engineering, Room 353C
1156 High Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95064