[FLASH-USERS] ensuring div B = 0 when adjusting evolution

Sean M. Couch couch at pa.msu.edu
Fri May 26 10:07:22 EDT 2017

Hi Jon,

Can you give a little more info? Are you using the USM solver? Are you using AMR? Have you actually checked that divB>0 in the output data? A log file from a representative run would be useful.

In my experience, the USM solver in cylindrical R-Z coordinates with AMR can be….touchy. But it should work and maintain divB=0! (See, e.g., http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-data_query?bibcode=2013ApJ...773..136J&link_type=EJOURNAL).

Cheers,
Sean

Sean M. Couch
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Department of Computational Mathematics, Science, and Engineering
National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory/Facility for Rare Isotope Beams
Michigan State University
567 Wilson Rd, 3250 BPS
East Lansing, MI  48824
(517) 884-5035    ——    couch at pa.msu.edu<mailto:couch at pa.msu.edu>    ——    www.pa.msu.edu/~couch<http://www.pa.msu.edu/~couch>