[FLASH-USERS] Who can help me in short words with main problems in downloading of Flash cod

Tomasz Plewa tplewa at fsu.edu
Fri Oct 6 08:04:15 EDT 2017

Dear Sahib -

Comments interleaved below.

Tomek
--

On 10/06/17 03:35, Sahib Huseynov wrote:
>    Dear Colleagues, please, answer me in very and very short
> explanation to next my big questions:
>
> 1) what kind hardware we should use (it is clearly, that not ordinary
> desktop PC or even best laptop, really in the Academy, where I work,
> here are not so big budget for scientific researches, so for my mind,
> we need personal supercomputer for instance, about min 5 000 $ or max
> 25 000 $) ?

Depends on what application you have in mind. A modern laptop will be
sufficient for most 1D and small 2D problems, a decent ($5k) multicore
desktop will do for essentially most 2D problems and some 3D test runs,
and you will need 100+ core or more system for a reasonably resolved 3D
simulations. That assumes a relatively simple physics. At least double
the effort otherwise, but it will not change the type of required
hardware fundamentally.

> 2) what kind of operating system we should use (it is clearly that not
> MS Windows and again, for my mind, we should use Linux (but what kind
> of distribution, may be Ubuntu))?

All (?) flavors of Linux, including Ubuntu, macOS. We are using CentOS
on our local desktops, and Fedora or Red Hat are the most similar to our
installation.