[FLASH-USERS] Problem with HYPRE library

ascenzi stefano.ascenzi at roma2.infn.it
Thu Oct 26 05:43:38 EDT 2017

Dear All,

After the installation of the HYPRE library I am trying to compile a
simulation that requires the Diffuse module.

Unfortunately I obtain the following error:

-L/usr/local/Hypre/lib -lHYPRE

   "_hypre_boomeramgcreate_", referenced from:
       _gr_hypresetupsolver_ in gr_hypreSetupSolver.o
   "_hypre_boomeramgdestroy_", referenced from:
       _gr_hypredestroysolver_ in gr_hypreDestroySolver.o
   "_hypre_boomeramggetfinalreltvres_", referenced from:
       _gr_hypresolve_ in gr_hypreSolve.o

                          …
                          …

   "_hypre_sstructvectorsetboxvalues_", referenced from:
       _grid_solvepoisson_ in Grid_solvePoisson.o
       _gr_hypresetiniguess_ in gr_hypreSetIniGuess.o
       _gr_hypreupdatesoln_ in gr_hypreUpdateSoln.o
   "_hypre_sstructvectorsetobjecttyp_", referenced from:
       _gr_hypresetupgrid_ in gr_hypreSetupGrid.o
make: *** [flash4] Error 1

In the Makefile.h I created the following library macro:

LIB_HYPRE = -L${HYPRE_PATH}/lib    -lHYPRE

where HYPRE_PATH = /usr/local/Hypre, which should be the correct path.

In order to fix some previous problem I added in the makefile also the
following line:
CFLAGS_HYPRE = -I ${HYPRE_PATH}/include

Could you help me with this error?

Thanks,

Stefano

P.S. Before the installation of Hypre library I run some simulations
without Diffuse module and FLASH worked fine