[FLASH-USERS] RHD in FLASH

Julia Grott julia.grotova at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:32:15 EDT 2018

Dear Flash Users,

I'm trying to model a jet using RHD mode. I've noted that there speed of
light c=1, so I need to measure velocity in terms of c.However, I have a
question: do I need to recount somehow other variables set by me (density,
pressure, x_max ...) because of this normalization?

On the small model scale of the frame (like x_max=1-10) the simulation
works quite fine, but when I turn to my real problem scale (common star
scale like 10^10 cm) it doesn't work, so I thought maybe there is a problem
with units.

Thanks in advance!

Julia