[FLASH-USERS] Plotting laser rays in LaserSlab example without parallel hdf5

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 17 10:08:22 EST 2018

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018, Mattia Cipriani wrote:

> Dear FLASH users,
>
> Is there a possibility to plot laser rays in the LaserSlab example without the parallel version of hdf5?
> I have only the serial hdf5 library available.

Mattia,

I believe that this has only been implemented for the parallel version. (I
think that doing it for the serial version would be significantly more
work.)

Often one get the kind of information that you are probably after, about
ray paths and their distribution, by plotting the energy deposition
("depo") variable or the laser energy density variable ("lase", if
enabled).