[FLASH-USERS] Problem with Grid_bcApplyToRegion.F90 file

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 21 09:51:09 EDT 2018

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018, María Fernanda Clever Uribe wrote:

> I also found an example of Grid_bcApplyToRegion.F90 and I thought that this
> could be the file I have to use instead of Grid_bcApplyToEdge.F90, because
> I want my boundary conditions to be only in the left corner of my domain. I
> took the example of this file from the Grid directory and I customized it.

Yes, that makes sense.

> I wrote a restriction over -X boundary where the jet has to be ejected, but
> I get a blast wave in all the cells in Y axis. I attached a picture of my
> results and also the file that I'm using.

The condition your wrote

                 if (i .eq. (guard-1.0)/guard) then

does not make sense to me.

It seems that you want different values for different valus of the SECOND
index of the regionData array. Currenly the whole range 1:je is treated
identically. It seems you have to write an explicit loop like

   DO j=1,je

and do different things inside the look depending on the j.