[FLASH-USERS] Regarding particles.

Saurabh Sawant saurabhisreachable at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:01:47 EST 2018

Hi,
           My name is Saurabh Sawant. I am a graduate student at UIUC.
I am using FLASH to simulate a shock tube with no-slip walls and to do so I
have modified the sod case. Now I am trying to put micron sized dust
particles. I have 2 questions regarding the same:

1) Do active particles see the wall. By this I mean if the particles cross
the wall, is there an already implemented facility to reflect them back. If
so, can I do this with different coefficients of sticking and momentum
accommodation?

2) Is there a way to convert *_part_* hdf5 files generated for particle
traces to Tecplot format or simple ASCII dat format?
I do convert flow field files to Tecplot using script provided with an old
version of FLASH. These files open in Visit too. However, *_part_* hdf5
files don't open in Visit as well. Should I first convert the files to
Visit format and them find a way to convert to Tecplot? I think tools for
converting it to Visit compatible format are provided.

Your help is much appreciated.
-Saurabh.