[FLASH-USERS] Regarding particles.

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 12 14:56:10 EST 2018

Saurabh,
Particles know about the boundary condition, though that is usually the
same as that of the Grid. However, if you want a custom boundary handling
look for file gr_ptOneFaceBC.F90, make a copy of it in your simulation
directory, and then modify it so that particles reflect from the wall. Your
custom version will override the default one.
Best,
Anshu

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 1:02 PM Saurabh Sawant <saurabhisreachable at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>            My name is Saurabh Sawant. I am a graduate student at UIUC.
> I am using FLASH to simulate a shock tube with no-slip walls and to do so
> I have modified the sod case. Now I am trying to put micron sized dust
> particles. I have 2 questions regarding the same:
>
> 1) Do active particles see the wall. By this I mean if the particles cross
> the wall, is there an already implemented facility to reflect them back. If
> so, can I do this with different coefficients of sticking and momentum
> accommodation?
>
> 2) Is there a way to convert *_part_* hdf5 files generated for particle
> traces to Tecplot format or simple ASCII dat format?
> I do convert flow field files to Tecplot using script provided with an old
> version of FLASH. These files open in Visit too. However, *_part_* hdf5
> files don't open in Visit as well. Should I first convert the files to
> Visit format and them find a way to convert to Tecplot? I think tools for
> converting it to Visit compatible format are provided.
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
> -Saurabh.

Anshu Dubey
630 252 3313 (work)