[FLASH-USERS] Request for reference on performance and scalability

Marissa Adams madams at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:03:30 EDT 2018

Hi Ernesto,

I don't know of any specific publications off the bat that are straight up on the topic of MPI scalability/performance using FLASH. Seems most people may discuss these things strategically in a science publication so that work gets cited too -- so you may want to look around at some of the earlier publications in the 2000s (http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/publications/flash_pubs.shtml).

Albeit section 8 of the Fryxell et al. (2000) paper may be what you're looking for, but I am not sure if it necessarily pertains to current versions of the code/their performance. Hopefully, Klaus or someone else at the Center, or someone else on the user list, knows more -- but this is what I know of.

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1086/317361

Best of luck,
Marissa

---