[FLASH-USERS] How to put other variables into the output files

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Sun Apr 21 17:05:13 EDT 2019

Hi Zhang,

I've also found that only the first 9 "plot_var_"s are put in FLASH
"*plt_cnt*" output files (but checkpoint files contain all variables). I'm
not sure if this is intended behavior or if it's been fixed in later
versions (I'm using FLASH4.2.2). What version of FLASH are you using?

If you also cannot access "cond" from the checkpoint file, then you can
check Flash.h (in the object directory) for the name of the variables your
simulation is following.

Also, since you mentioned using VISIT I wanted to mention that yt is
another great option for FLASH analysis and visualization:

http://yt-project.org

Best,
--------
Ryan