[FLASH-USERS] "Negative 3T internal energy" error

Acharya, Nitish nachary2 at ur.rochester.edu
Mon Jan 7 15:59:18 EST 2019

Hi,

I am doing a 2D Laser Driven Simulation on flash of a High Energy Density Experiment for a while. Laser power I used initially was 2e+12 W and I didn't have any trouble running the simulations. But recently, I got this error when I increased the laser power to an order of e+13.

DRIVER_ABORT:
 [hy_uhd_unsplitUpdateMultiTemp] Negative 3T internal energy

Is there some kind of a limit on power usage of laser?
Also, if I used the original 2e+12 W power but increase the grid resolution I get the same error halfway through the simulation.
If someone has gotten similar kind of error in the past, do you know what's going on?

Thanks,
Nitish