[FLASH-USERS] Problem with MPI while running FLASH in Docker

Marissa Adams madams at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Jul 8 15:14:17 EDT 2019

To use the docker image you want to make sure you're using the appropriate Makefile.h. Prototypes/Linux/Makefile.h is the most amenable to docker. However, it needs some small changes for the paths:

MPI_PATH   = /usr/local

HDF4_PATH  =

HDF5_PATH  = /usr/local

HYPRE_PATH = /usr/local

If FLASH is not using the appropriate Makefile.h, you can tell it to do so in the set-up script you want via the flag -site=Prototypes/Linux/

FYI you can find a list of all setup flags in section 5.2 in the User Manual: http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p5.pdf