[FLASH-USERS] Compilation error in CCSN

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 7 15:50:14 EDT 2019

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019, Hava Turkakin wrote:

> Hi
> Here are the lines involving hdf5 from flash.h file;
>
> FLASH_HAVE_HDF5_MOD
>
> FLASH_IO_HDF5
>
> IO_HDF5_SERIAL

Hava,

I don't understand what you mean here. Do all three symbols occur in
Flash.h, or none of them? If they occur, please show full lines,
including the '#define' and anything else.

> we have hdf5 version 1.10.1 and it should have Fortran enabled since I have
> compiled and run sedov problem smoothly in our system.

Most FLASH applications can use HDF5 without using the Fortran interface
of the HDF5 library, because the IO unit of FLASH calls HDF5 functions for
C code. So for most FLASH applications, including Sedov, only a C version
of the HDF5 library needs to be installed.

This is different for code that uses Eos/EosNuclear, since there is some
Fortran code there that uses HDF5 without going through C. The CCSN setup
requires that.

Try changing in

  source/physics/Eos/EosNuclear/Config

the line

  PPDEFINE FLASH_HAVE_HDF5_MOD

into

  PPDEFINE FLASH_HAVE_HDF5_MOD 1

and re-setup. (I am not sure why this would be required.)

You still may have to do something to actually install a Fortran version
of the HDF5 version on your system, maybe as development package.
You also may have to modify your Makefile.h to include the appropriate
directories (with -I and -L ) and library name (maybe with -l).