[FLASH-USERS] How to set different refinement along different direction in 2D simulation

Eddie Hansen ehansen at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 29 23:13:33 EDT 2019

One possible solution is to change the block size, number of blocks in each
direction, and refinement level to get what you want. For example, you
could use 14x12 sized blocks, set nblockx=18, nblocky=1, and lrefine_max=3.
Then the maximum number of cells in the x-direction will be 14*18*4=1008,
and in the y-direction 12*1*4=48. You can play with those numbers to have
more or less cells on level 1. Does something like that work for you?

--
Eddie Hansen, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar