[FLASH-USERS] Reflected and transmitted laser light

Norbert Flocke flocke at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 17 09:24:44 EDT 2019

Hello Mattia,

In a laser simulation there is a file created:

    <name>_LaserEnergyProfile.dat

where <name> is the name of your simulation. This file contains 7 entries:

Step#    Time    dt    Energy in    Energy out    dE in     dE out

which have the following meaning:

   Step#:      the step number
   Time:       current simulation time
   dt:         time step taken
   Energy in:  cummulative laser energy entering domain
   Energy out: cummulative laser energy leaving domain
   dE in:      laser energy entering domain during time step
   dE out:     laser energy leaving domain during time step

You are interested in the laset entry of 'Energy out'.
Hope this helps.

Best,
Norbert