[FLASH-USERS] too many refinement iterations

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 23 10:04:49 EDT 2019

Hi,

I've run into an issue with a simulation I'm running where, after evolving
just fine, it begins to take more and more iterations during grid
refinement until it fails. It's strange because I ran the same simulation
on a different system with the same code and same parameters and it worked
just fine. I did use different versions of the Intel fortran compiler and
the hardware (cpus) were a bit different. But in terms of the software it
is the same.
I'm currently trying again with refinement on pressure removed - previously
I refined on density and pressure now I'm trying just refining on density.
If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks,
Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division