[FLASH-USERS] too many refinement iterations

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 25 08:30:20 EDT 2019

Hi Klaus,
Thanks for clearing that up. Still that's only 258 MB vs. total memory of
32 GB.
In fact I just redid the run with maxblocks set to 8000 on 10 processors
and it went for much longer. It did eventually fail with "Too many blocks!
Increase MAXBLOCKS or use more processors."
For me the takeaway is that when getting close to running out of blocks
FLASH will sometimes get into this mode where it iterates more and more
when refining. It's a symptom of running out of blocks, not running out of
memory (at least in my case).

Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division