[FLASH-USERS] USM Advection-only Test

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Wed Jun 3 16:14:38 EDT 2020

Hi flash-users,

I'm working on a (2D) test problem in FLASH4.6.2 in which I initialize a
gaussian of gas energy density on an otherwise uniform medium with
vx=vy=1.0.

I refine on gas energy density with lrefine_min = 6 and lrefine_max = 9 and
update refinement every two steps (nref=2).

The purpose of the test is to confirm conservation of mass, momentum, and
energy with AMR (and additionally to confirm AMR
refinement/derefinement works correctly).

I have successfully run the problem; however, the gaussian spreads out
presumably due to the pressure gradient between the blob and the ambient
medium.

I've been perusing hy_uhd_: unsplit; unsplitUpdate; and now getFaceFlux but
I haven't yet seen how I can turn off the inclusion of pressure gradients
in the solution.

If you have a hint, I'd welcome it :)

Best,
--------