[FLASH-USERS] LaserSlab Segmentation Fault

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 22 19:19:51 EDT 2020

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020, Kurt Williams wrote:

> Which seems to make just fine. But when it comes to running the flash4
> executable, I run into segmentation faults. I have deleted an older
> mpich installation in case that was causing issues, but that doesn't
> seem to have fixed anything. Checking the FAQ - it suggests that this
> sometimes happens on IBM machines, but I'm running an intel, so that
> shouldn't be an issue.
>
> The error seems to start when flash runs the gr_hypreSetupGrid.F90. I've
> attached the lasslab.log file, as well as commandline outputs for the
> make process (makelog.log), the running of the flash4 executable
> (flash4log.log) and my makefile in case they're of any use, but any

Kurt,

I did not see anything obviously problematic in the files you attached.

Does the problem happen even when you run on one proc?

Does the command
  ldd flash4
show anything interesting?

Did you configure and build AND INSTALL the HYPRE library yourself?
Which options were used to configure the HYPRE library?
Was HYPRE compiled with the same compiler version(s) (for C and Fortran)
that you are using for compiling FLASH?

Maybe you could build a version of the HYPRE library with debugging
enabled, so you'll get more useful information at the point of failure.