[FLASH-USERS] ERROR

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 4 11:21:55 EST 2020

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020, Francesco Barbato wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> after a system update when I try to setup a LaserSlab simulation I get an
> error (enclosed there is a print of the error).
> Could be related to the new version of MPI
> (<https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-removed>)?

Yes, it appears that that page points to the reason.

As recommended there, calls of MPI_Type_extent in the FLASH code should be
replaced with MPI_Type_get_extent.

This will include adding an additional argument (for 'lb') in second place
in the argument list in the calls. It can be an otherwise unused (but
defined) integer variable.

In the specific file IO/IOTypes/io_set_grid_mpi_types.c, the obsolete
function is only called in a block subject to 'if (debugIO)'. That could
be commented out without great loss in functionality.

Some other files will also require changes.