[FLASH-USERS] Question about Simulation_AdjustEvolution

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Fri Nov 6 21:38:17 EST 2020

Hi Raymond,

Unless you've modified the equation of state (EOS; which you should
probably look into for simulating a non-ideal gas like water), it's
assuming you have an ideal gas. Likely, the update mode is DENS_EI so the
pressure, temperature are computed based on the density and internal energy
density (although there are the other sensible permutations as options as
well).

That's why modifying density affects the simulation and modifying
temperature doesn't.

So, you can change the EOS update mode (I think there's a runtime parameter
for that; you can find it in your logfile) or you can just make sure you
update all thermodynamic variables in Simulation_adjustEvolution (probably
the better option).

Best,
--------
Ryan