[FLASH-USERS] compiling error due to architecture ARM64

BolañOs, Simon sbolanos at UCSD.EDU
Fri Aug 6 20:24:45 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,
Sorry for all those dummy questions,  but I am pretty new in FLASH.
I encountered an issue during the compiling (linking) due to the arm64 architecture of my computer. I got the message below. Strangely, when I ran the Sedov problem proposed in the User Guide, I don't have this problem. The error message appears when compiling the LaserSlab example.
Do you know how to overcome this error?

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:

  "_H5Pset_dxpl_mpio", referenced from:

      _io_h5read_unknowns_ in io_h5read_unknowns.o

      _io_h5write_unknowns_ in io_h5write_unknowns.o

      _io_h5write_unknowns_sp_ in io_h5write_unknowns_sp.o

  "_H5Pset_fapl_mpio", referenced from:

      _io_h5init_file_ in io_h5file_interface.o

      _io_h5open_file_for_read_ in io_h5file_interface.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

make: *** [flash4] Error 1

Cheers,
Simon.