[FLASH-USERS] laserslab focal spot

Luo, Runfeng runfeng.luo18 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 06:52:48 EDT 2021

Hi,

I am having problems with changing the focal spot for the laser slab problem. According to the flash code guide target_z corresponds to the y axis (height) in the 2d plane. I sat len_x,y and target_x,y to zero and varied target_z, but changing target_z seemed to do no effect. I kept getting the focal spot at the same point. I my understanding that x, y corresponds to r in the r_z geometry so target_z is the only parameter I need to vary right? I changed both target and the chamber to helium and that did not work as well.

Runfeng