[FLASH-USERS] [EXT] Segmentation Fault (LaserSlab example)

Marissa B. P. Adams madams at pas.rochester.edu
Wed Aug 11 13:24:45 EDT 2021

Hi Simon!

As the error notes: "*executable file is not an executable*" so something
is off with your *flash4*, perhaps*.* Can you ls -ltr in your
*object/* directory
where you've performed the command ./flash4?  Do you see the permissions as
being executable?

When you set-up did it set-up "SUCCESS"fully? I am a fan of making my own
shell scripts for set-ups and then making my own object directory (e.g. emacs
LaserSlab-TestProblem.sh -nw contains the c&p below; then I make it an
executable chmod a+x LaserSlab-TestProblem.sh; then I just do
./LaserSlab-TestProblem.sh; this way everything is saved). Here is my
example set-up command for the LaserSlab problem:

./setup -auto LaserSlab -2d +cylindrical -nxb=16 -nyb=16 +hdf5typeio \

          species=cham,targ +mtmmmt +laser +uhd3t +mgd mgd_meshgroups=6 \

          -parfile=example.par -site=mbpadams -objdir=LaserSlab

Try simplifying your HDF5 shortcuts in the set-up command and make sure
that there is no space in "*+uhd3t*". Is there a reason you're forcing the
use of serial HDF5? You can also try setting this up with no HDF5 related
flags; it should (1) set-up (2) make and (3) run successfully. If the same
thing happens, can you make the *Sedov/* problem?

If that doesn't work then maybe there is an issue with the *Makefile.h*
you're using (flags probably) or something off with the installation of the
libraries you're using.

These are just my initial thoughts and I hope they are helpful in your
debugging.

Have a lovely day,
Marissa

--
%---------------------------------------------%
Marissa B. P. Adams
*E-mail:* madams at pas.rochester.edu
*Website:* https://www.pas.rochester.edu/~madams
<http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~madams#>
*^^ Just updated! Please send me feedback :)*
*Current Location:*
Occupied Seneca Land
471 Bausch and Lomb Hall
University of Rochester