[FLASH-USERS] MHD sim. for laser-produced plasmas

t_schlegel at t-online.de t_schlegel at t-online.de
Thu Feb 18 12:31:09 EST 2021

Dear FLASH users,

when I'm restarting a 3D Cartesian MHD simulation (laser-induced plasma in
a solenoidal magnetic field) after an initial
run with Bx=0. (plasma flows in the y-direction), the new parameter
definition, e.g., Bx=1e5 (10T) is not taken into account.
Running the simulation with this field from t=0, all develops as expected,
although the laser energy deposition is remarkably
reduced because of the magnetic pressure.
Perhaps, I missed something to change in the parameter file. Is there an
easy solution for this problem?

Many thanks in advance

Theo