[FLASH-USERS] FLASH's python tools

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Tue Jun 1 11:08:30 EDT 2021

Hi Jian,

I'd recommend copy pasting the exact command you're using at the command
line, similar to how you've been copy-pasting the Traceback error messages.
I'd also recommend following the instructions in the quickstart guide here:
http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p62/node13.html
(or for the corresponding version of FLASH you're using).

The flmake documentation you linked to is from FLASH4 ***beta*** which I
would guess is around 10+ years old, so it's unsurprising to me that it
doesn't work with FLASH4.6+. The good news is plotting natively with yt is
simple enough, and the yt community is pretty helpful.

Best,
--------
Ryan