[FLASH-USERS] Laser Slab segmentation fault

Patrick Cappello cappello at udel.edu
Sat Jun 19 17:56:31 EDT 2021

Dear Flash users,

I’m having trouble running the laser slab example problem. The problem is a segmentation fault when HDF5 is writing data to the plot files. The .par file that I’m using is source/Simulation/SimulationMain/LaserSlab/example.par and I am trying to follow the example in section 34.7.5 of the user guide.

I set up the problem with
	./setup -auto LaserSlab -2d +cylindrical -nxb=16 -nyb=16 +hdf5typeio species=cham,targ +mtmmmt +laser +uhd3t +mgd mgd_meshgroups=6 -parfile=example.par

The code runs to completion when I use the +noio flag when setting up the problem.
I’m using HDF5 version 1.10.2 and openmpi version 3.1.3.

Thank you
Patrick Cappello