[FLASH-USERS] create global variable

Ji, Suoqing suoqing at caltech.edu
Wed Mar 17 03:09:44 EDT 2021

Hi G Rigon,

Yes, this is doable by calling the subroutine IO_setScalar. You could call this subroutine in the file Simulation_sendOutputData.F90. It might be helpful to look at Driver_sendOutputData.F90 as an example, where the “time” and “step number” are outputted to check / plot files.

In addition, just a reminder that since it’s a global variable, any change on a local processor needs to be MPI-broadcasted when necessary.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
—
Suoqing Ji
Sherman Fairchild Fellow
TAPIR & Walter Burke Institute for Theoretical Physics
California Institute of Technology
http://www.tapir.caltech.edu/~suoqing