[FLASH-USERS] Grid lost after restarting a simulation

guido g.granda at irya.unam.mx
Mon Mar 29 23:55:23 EDT 2021

Hello Flash users,

I recently have to restart a simulation using a check file as usual and
I noticed that the resulting snapshots didn’t consider the already
refined grid and re-set it to the initial level of refinement. I haven’t
seen anything similar before so I wonder what might be causing this
issue. For this simulation, I’m using my own Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90
which is linked on the Config file with this line:

LINKIF Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90 Grid/GridMain/paramesh/paramesh4

The Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90 uses the Grid_markRefineSpecialized to
refine on the central region of the computational domain using
rectangles and the jeans refinement criterion adapted from the FLASH’
sink particle unit. The Grid_markRefineDerefine.F90 is attached to this
email.

I'm using FLASH 4.5 by the way.

Thanks in advance,