[FLASH-USERS] cut the hydro update in laser slab for some cells

Antoine Gintrand antoine.gintrand at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 09:28:02 EDT 2021

Dear flash users,

I am trying to modify the example of the Laser slab simulation
in 1D in order to simulate the interaction of the laser with a subscale
foam structure.

I defined a new variable for the foam phase at each cells:
  phase= 0 the cell is foam
  phase = 1 the cell is plasma

My problem is here :

I want to say during the update of the hydro part (+uhd3t)
to perform the update of all the quantities density, velocity, energies ...
only if the foam phase is 1.

If anyone has an idea to do it in a simple way it would help me a lot.

Thank you very much for your help,

Antoine