[FLASH-USERS] Value of dt_hydro is going to negative infinity

Madhav Nagori mnagori at uncc.edu
Sun Sep 26 14:12:03 EDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

I am using the Flash 3D setup for my project. Before implementing the 3D
setup to my specific problem, I am trying to run the default cases in
FLASH. Once that is done, I will change the files to tailor it to my
requirements.

One of the 3D default cases in FLASH is of the cylinder. There is a
simulation block in which a cylinder is placed and the flow over the
cylinder is visualized. Since this is a default case, I didn't change any
files which I downloaded from FLASH website and ran as it is.

The simulation starts properly. But after a few time steps, the value of
dt_hydro is going to a large negative value. As a result, the simulation
blows up. Has anyone faced a similar problem? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the time.

Best,

Madhav
--
Best Regards,

Madhav Nagori (he/him)

PhD Candidate | Laboratory for Multiscale Computational Fluid Dynamics
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Sciences
Office: Duke 273, 9330 Robert D. Snyder Rd, Charlotte, NC 28262, USA
Email: mnagori at uncc.edu
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/madhav-nagori