[FLASH-USERS] Magnetized inflow from HIGH boundaries with USM and Paramesh

Andy Sha Liao andy at f.energy
Fri Apr 22 14:41:33 EDT 2022

I've been trying to use Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized to inject a
spatially uniform, magnetized inflow into a 2D simulation from the HIGH
x-boundaries of the domain.

However, I couldn't get it to work with Paramesh+USM+HIGH boundary for
either cartesian or cylindrical geometries.

When I set up the problem with this combination (PM4+USM+HIGH), and only
this combination, the magnetic field entering from the injection boundary
is not uniform as I want it to be, but rather there is a modulation with
periodicity equal to the size of a block.

I need this particular combination for my problem. It is the only one that
makes sense, but it's the only one that's not working.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Andy