[FLASH-USERS] About Coupled Calculation of Equivalent Circuit

Zhang Daoyuan zdy0903 at stu.xjtu.edu.cn
Tue Feb 22 04:23:20 EST 2022

I'm calculating the total current through wire for each time step in DriverMain/ Driver_computeDt, by solving the equivalent RCL circuit using Runge-Kutta method. The equivalent RL parameter of wire is derived by those of all grids using grid data (MAGZ, RESIS, CURZ), thus the equivalent RCL parameter of circuit is determined.

The current calculated by Runge-Kutta is saved in an unused grid data to checkpoint output, and at the same time, transferred to Grid_bcApplytoRegionSpecialized to set boundary magnetic field (u0*I/ 2PI*R).

The problem is, in checkpoint view, the magnetic field does not match with the current. The current seems to be normal. The plotted boundary magnetic field, which appears to not rise with current, is much lower than the boundary magnetic field calculated by u0*I/ 2PI*R. But if I increase the time step of Runge-Kutta, which means setting a stair-stepping boundary magnetic field, the problem is gone.

Does anyone happen to know what went wrong?