[FLASH-USERS] problem with spatial distribution of laser rays

Antoine Gintrand antoine.gintrand at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:19:42 EST 2022

Antoine Gintrand <antoine.gintrand at gmail.com>
[image: Pièces jointes]17:34 (il y a 2 heures)
À flash-users
Dear flash users,

I have a problem concerning the spatial distribution of my laser rays.
The laser is supposed to come from the top with no angle
and hit the target  at z = 400 microns with a gaussian spatial profile
I(r) = exp (-(r/R)^gamma) where gamma = 4.
The rest of the domain is a 100 microns low density vacuum at the top.

Unfortunately the centre of the gaussian is not in r = 0. Why so?
I do not understand because I put the center of the gaussian to
be ed gaussianCenterMajor_1 = 0. and ed_gaussiancenterMinor_1 = 0.
I am using 3Dto2D laser ray tracing.

Here is attached my .par file and .log and a plot of the depo var + rays
power.

Thank you very much for any help on this,

All the best,

Antoine