[FLASH-USERS] How to set a dual pulse simultaneously irradiated on a disc target to generate a colliding plasma

Andy Sha Liao andy at f.energy
Tue Jul 26 10:10:26 EDT 2022

Hi Yaoxing,

It looks like you are running this in cylindrical coordinates with 3D in 2D
for the laser beams.

The geometry of the simulation you are setting up is rotated around the
vertical axis of your plot.

As a result, the beam at horizontal position == 0.0 cm has the intended
intensity on target,

but the beam at horizontal position == 0.1 cm has its intensity spread over
an annulus.

To produce your intended geometry, you can either go to full 3D or
2D-cartesian.

Andy