[FLASH-USERS] unexpected stop of computation

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Tue Jun 7 07:05:03 EDT 2022

Hi Maksim,

This sounds rather bizarre I'll admit. I think I've occasionally had a
similar such problem but it was a long time ago and possibly only during
initialization. I also think it had to do with a certain combination of
MPI + HDF5 versions I used then.

In any case, does this happen at the same time step every time? If so, you
can set the following parameters in your flash.par:
wall_clock_checkpoint
wall_clock_time_limit (to avoid burning computer time)

as well as setting `checkpointFileIntervalStep` to a value to restart just
before the hangup.

Once you're right about at the hangup spot, you can compile in debug mode
and use a parallel debugging tool to investigate (or write lots of print
statements ;)

Best of luck,
--------
Ryan