[FLASH-USERS] Simulation breaks with message "DRIVER_ABORT: ed_beamsCheck2DCyl3D: Quartic root failure for lens!"

Lu, Yingchao yingchao.lu at rochester.edu
Mon Jun 13 10:24:50 EDT 2022

Dear Pascal,

The "Quartic root failure for lens" error is due to the round-off error in solving the intersection points between the lens and the simulation boundary. A quick dirty way to fix it is to change ed_semiAxisMajorTorsionAxis_1 to "y" or "z". Since SemiAxisMajor and SemiAxisMinor are the same in your setup, it should not matter which torsion axis should be used.

Best,
Yingchao